The aim of this qualification is to recognise the knowledge, skills, and competence demonstrated by an individual in the workplace. This Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Innovative/Modern Methods of Construction ‐ Modular/Portable Buildings provides the opportunity for individuals who specialise in modular/portable buildings to demonstrate their competence.
The units in this qualification are derived from the National Occupational Standards; developed by the Modular and Portable Building Association in conjunction with CITB.
On completion of this qualification the holder would be eligible to apply for the Blue Skilled Worker CSCS Card.
The Rule of Combination (RoC) below specifies the combination of units that need to be achieved for the individual to be awarded the qualification.
- Conforming to General Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- Moving, Handing, and Storing Resources in the Workplace
Industry Sector Units (One of the following must be completed)
- Installing and Dismantling Prefabricated Modular Building Structures in the Workplace
- Installing and Dismantling Prefabricated Portable Cabins and Units in the Workplace
Specialist Skill Units (Two must be completed)
- Installing first fix components in the workplace
- Installing basic plumbing in the workplace
- Maintaining non-structural carpentry in the workplace
- Maintaining non-structural or structural components in the workplace
- Applying pain systems by brush and roller in the workplace
- Slinging and hand signalling the movement of suspended loads in the workplace.
The fee for members of the MPBA is £1,250 + VAT per learner, non members £1,650 + VAT.
For more information contact Abbie Hipkiss, Training Administrator via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 02475 90 1938 to speak to a member of the team.