The Safe Worker is an online Online certified course offered by the MPBA, leading to the NOCN Level 2 Award for the Safe Worker qualification.
It can be completed within 10 hours and it will transform the way you deliver health and safety to learners. The aim is for the learner to demonstrate an awareness of significant health and safety risks in the working environment, and be aware of how to identify and deal with them appropriately.
Who is it for?
The Safe Worker Qualification is suitable for people operating at any level, in any sector, who require an understanding of health and safety essentials. It is designed for learners, workers, volunteers, employees, full, and part time staff who have no supervisory or management responsibility.
- Online Learning - provides the flexibility for learners to study 24/7 at a pace, time, and location that suites their needs.
- Fully Certified - the course has been created to high standards with effective quality management systems and processes. The Awarding Organisation NOCN is monitored on a regular basis, and is required to have robust assessment practices in place.
- Quality Approved - all qualifications are Ofqual approved and comply with the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
- Interactive Activities - the course contains highly engaging content that your learners will enjoy. This unique method of delivery ensures learners are challenged, and the completion of the interactive activities demonstrates their understanding.
- 360 degree Panoramas - the unique 360 degree panorama risk assessment tool enables learners to identify hazards within the workplace without being put at risk. Learners are required to identify the hazard, determine the risk, and select appropriate control measures.
- Assessment on Demand - participants can review their progress using the self-assessment tool. Final online tests are available upon completion of all course material.
- An NOCN digital certificate is instantly downloadable on successful completion of the online test.
The Safe Worker course is about the health and safety rights and responsibilities of people in a workplace. It deals with the knowledge required to make sure that:
- The actions or omissions of workers do not create health and safety hazards.
- Workers can identify significant risks in the workplace.
- Workers can take sensible action to put things right, including: seeking advice and reporting situations which pose a danger to themselves and others in the workplace.
- Adverse Events
- Accident Reporting/Investigation
- Confined Space
- Employer / Employee Responsibilities
- First Aid
- Hazardous Substances
- Lone Working
- Manual Handling Operations
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Protecting The Environment
- Risk Assessment
- Safety Signs
- Slips, Trips and Falls
- Working at Height
- Working with Computers
- Workplace Equipment
- Workplace Transport