Ashby & Croft recognising Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace
posted: 24th May 2019
Ashby & Croft Group’s upper management team participated in the Mental Health First Aid Two Day course to gain in depth understanding on mental health and factors that can affect wellbeing.
Marie Smith, Ashby & Croft Managing Director has been passionate about bringing health and wellbeing to the forefront of the culture of our organisation and thinks that every workplace should have all senior managers trained in Mental Health First Aid.
The course consisted of presentations, group discussions and activities that have helped our Managers gain:
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect well being
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of a range of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress using the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
- Understanding of how to keep themselves safe while performing their duties
Sharon Humphreys, our attending HR Advisor has reflected back on the process and said:
“The course highlighted to me that everybody has Mental Health and not just those with Mental Health Illnesses. It has helped my role as HR Advisor in how I approach people, listen to them and assess their needs in the working environment. I would highly recommend this course as it changed my perception on health and wellbeing as well as encouraged awareness of my own Mental Health.”
The course provided each member a comprehensive manual, quick reference card for the MHFA action plan and documentation certifying status of Mental Health First Aider in the workplace.
At Ashby & Croft we plan to work in collaboration with MHFA England and the national Mental Health Foundation to foster the health and wellbeing of our staff, contractors, suppliers and clients to build a healthier community free from stigma.
If you or anyone you know could benefit from speaking to someone about their Mental Health please do not hesitate to contact these numbers.
01708 689 778 // www.ashbycroft.com // email@example.com
#healthandwellbeing #MHFAtwoday #MentalHealthFirstAid #education #mentalhealth #fightthestigma #learnandgrow #CSR